The Philadelphia airport has installed sleeping pods for travelers who need a place to rest and rejuvenate during their journey. These sleeping pods are located in Terminal A-West, near gate A15
Traveling can be a stressful experience, especially if you’re dealing with delays or cancellations. The Philadelphia airport’s sleeping pods offer a sanctuary for travelers, providing a quiet and comfortable place to rest and recharge.
They are designed to be a haven for travelers who need a quick nap or a place to rest during long layovers. Each sleeping pod is equipped with a memory foam mattress, a privacy screen, and a charging station for your electronic devices.
Does Philadelphia Airport Have Sleeping Pods?
At Philadelphia International Airport, the sleeping pods are offered by Minute Suites, a company that specializes in providing comfortable and private spaces for travelers to rest and recharge during their layovers or delays.
Minute Suites has a location in Terminal A-West of the airport, where travelers can rent their pods for a minimum of one hour up to several hours as needed.
Minute Suite Sleeping Pod in Philadelphia
The sleeping pods at Philadelphia airport are available for rent in blocks of hours, starting from a minimum of one hour up to six hours. The rental fees are reasonable, starting from $30 for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour.
Location: At Philadelphia International Airport, the Minute Suites sleeping pods are located in Terminal A-West, near gate A15.
- Daybed sofa
- Sound-masking system
- Streaming TV
- Charging station for devices
- Free Wi-Fi
- Work desk with a lamp and chair
- Complimentary snacks and beverages
here’s a table that shows the rental fees for the sleeping pods at Philadelphia International Airport:
|Minutes of Stay||Cost|
|One hour (minimum)||$48.00|
|15-minute increments (first two hours)||$12|
|15-minute increments (after two hours)||$9.50|
|Extended 8-hour stay (after 9 PM)||$175.00|
|Shower with suite rental purchase*||$20.00|
Alternatives of Philadelphia Airport Sleeping Pods: Hotels
While sleeping pods can be a convenient and cost-effective option for some travelers, they may not be the best choice for everyone. Fortunately, Philadelphia International Airport has many nearby hotels that offer a comfortable and relaxing stay. Some of the closest hotels to the airport include-
- Philadelphia Airport Marriott: This hotel offers a free airport shuttle service and comfortable rooms with modern amenities.
- Location: The Philadelphia Airport Marriott hotel is located at Terminal A of Philadelphia International Airport, at One Arrivals Road, Philadelphia, PA 19153.
2. Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport: This hotel is located less than two miles from the airport and offers a free shuttle service. It also features a fitness center, indoor pool, and complimentary breakfast.
- Location: The Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport hotel is located at 9000 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153.
3. Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport: Another nearby hotel, this property is located about two miles from the airport and offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and free Wi-Fi.
- Location: The Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Airport hotel is located at 8900 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153.
The prices of hotels near Philadelphia International Airport vary depending on several factors, such as location, amenities, and room type. On average, the prices for nearby hotels range from $100 to $300 per night.
However, it’s worth noting that prices can vary greatly depending on the time of year, availability, and demand. It’s always best to check the hotel’s website or booking platform for current pricing and promotions. Additionally, some hotels may offer special deals or discounts for airport travelers, so it’s worth exploring those options as well.
Lounges at Philadelphia Airport: Alternatives of Sleeping Pods
Certainly, Philadelphia International Airport offers several lounges where travelers can relax and unwind during their layover or delay. Some of the lounges available at the airport include-
American Airlines Admirals Club
This lounge is available for American Airlines passengers and offers a variety of amenities, including complimentary snacks and drinks, Wi-Fi, workspaces, and more.
The lounge is accessible to American Airlines passengers who have purchased a day pass or who are members of the Admirals Club.
Location: The American Airlines Admirals Club at Philadelphia International Airport is located in Terminal A-West, near gate A15.
British Airways Lounge
Available for British Airways passengers, this lounge offers comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, Wi-Fi, and other amenities.
The lounge is accessible to British Airways passengers traveling in first or business class, as well as to eligible members of the airline’s frequent-flyer program.
Location: The British Airways Lounge at Philadelphia International Airport is located in Terminal A-West, near gate A14.
Delta Sky Club
This lounge is available for Delta Air Lines passengers and offers comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, Wi-Fi, and other amenities.
The lounge is accessible to Delta Air Lines passengers who have purchased a day pass or the passengers who are members of the Delta Sky Club, as well as to eligible members of Delta’s frequent-flyer program.
Location: The Delta Sky Club at Philadelphia International Airport is located in Terminal D, near gate D6.
In addition to the sleeping pods, Minute Suites also offers a lounge area where travelers can relax, work, or grab a snack or drink.
The suites are accessible to all passengers and can be rented for a minimum of one hour, with additional hourly rates after that.
Location: The Minute Suites at Philadelphia International Airport are located in Terminal A-B Link, near gate A1.
PHL Centurion Lounge
This lounge is available for American Express cardholders and offers comfortable seating, complimentary food and drinks, Wi-Fi, and other amenities.
The lounge is accessible to eligible American Express cardholders and offers a range of amenities, including food and drinks, showers, and workspaces.
Location: The PHL Centurion Lounge is located in Terminal A-East, near gate A14, at Philadelphia International Airport.
Are the sleeping pods soundproof?
While the sleeping pods are not completely soundproof, they are designed to minimize noise and distractions. They are equipped with a sound machine that can help mask outside noise.
How far in advance can I book a sleeping pod?
You can book a sleeping pod up to six months in advance, allowing you to plan your journey with ease.
Can I bring my luggage into the sleeping pod?
Yes, the sleeping pods are spacious enough to accommodate your luggage. You can also use the charging station to charge your electronic devices while you rest.
More Related Articles:
- Philadelphia Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Orlando Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Mexico City Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Chicago Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- JFK Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Atlanta Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Houston Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Detroit Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Newark Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]
- Heathrow Airport Sleeping pods Guide [+Alternatives]