For travelers passing through Narita International Airport in Japan, sleeping pods are an attractive option for catching some much-needed rest during long layovers or delays.
These compact and cozy pods provide a private space to recharge, without the hassle and expense of leaving the airport for a nearby hotel. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the two types of sleeping pods available at Narita International Airport: Nap Rooms and Minute Suites.
Does Narita International Airport Have Sleeping Pods?
Narita International Airport, Tokyo, Japan provides two types of sleeping pods. One is a Minute Suites sleeping pod, and another is called a “Nap Room” by the airport authority.
Minute Suites Sleeping Pods
Minute Suites are designed to help travelers rest and recharge during long layovers, delays, or cancellations. The company has multiple locations across the world, including several airports, and aims to provide a more comfortable and convenient travel experience for its customers.
- Location: Minute Suites is located at Terminal 2 of Narita International Airport. The exact location is on the 4th floor of Terminal 2, near the North Wing Security Checkpoint and next to Gate 26.
- Amenities: Minute Suites offer private suites with various amenities, including a daybed sofa, pillows, blankets, HDTV with access to DirecTV and Netflix, and a noise-masking system to ensure a peaceful environment.
The suites are also equipped with a workstation with a desk and chair, as well as a USB port and electrical outlets for charging devices. Complimentary Wi-Fi and access to printing, scanning, and copying services are also available.
|Length of Stay||Cost (in yen)|
|Additional hours||1,000 per hour|
|Overnight (11 pm to 7 am)||13,000|
For those who need a quiet place to recharge during their time at Narita, the airport offers Nap Rooms. The airport’s official website allows passengers to book Nap Rooms in advance, or they can do so upon arrival.
Room rates vary by the terminal, time of day, and season, and are shown on an hourly basis. If you need a quick nap while traveling, the Nap Rooms at Narita International Airport are a great, more cost-effective alternative to sleeping pods or hotels.
Location: The Nap Rooms in Narita International Airport are located in Terminal 1, near Gate 26.
Amenities: The Nap Rooms at Narita International Airport offer a comfortable and private space for travelers to rest and relax during their layovers or delays. Each room features a bed, a small table, a chair, a TV, and a power outlet.
The rooms are also equipped with a personal locker to store belongings and a curtain for privacy. The Nap Rooms are located in Terminal 2 of Narita International Airport and are accessible 24/7.
Cost: The cost of the Nap Rooms at Narita International Airport varies depending on the duration of use.
|Duration of Stay||Cost (in yen)||Cost (in USD)|
Additional charges apply for stays longer than one hour. The Nap Rooms can be paid for with cash or credit card at the time of use.
Alternatives to Sleeping Pods at Tokyo-Narita International Airport
If you are looking for alternatives to sleeping pods at Narita International Airport, there are several hotels available near the airport that provide comfortable accommodations. Here are some of the options:
Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel
Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel is a luxury hotel located near Narita International Airport. The hotel provides easy access to the airport terminals, making it a convenient option for travelers with early morning or late-night flights.
- Location: The Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel is located at 456 Kosuge, Narita, Chiba Prefecture, Japan. It is situated within the airport grounds and is just a few minutes away from the airport terminals via a complimentary shuttle service.
- Amenities: The Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel has several features to make guests comfortable. Flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, tea and coffee makers, and private bathrooms with bathtubs and showers are in each room. A fitness facility, indoor pool, and sauna let guests relax after a long trip. The hotel’s restaurant serves foreign cuisine, and the bar sells drinks.
- Cost: The cost of staying at the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel varies depending on the room type, time of year, and availability. On average, prices range from approximately 11,000 JPY (100 USD) to 30,000 JPY (275 USD) per night.
Narita Tobu Hotel Airport
Narita Tobu Hotel Airport is a four-star hotel located near Narita International Airport, offering convenience and comfort to travelers. The hotel is situated just a 10-minute shuttle bus ride away from the airport, making it a convenient option for those with early morning or late night flights.
- Location: Narita Tobu Hotel Airport is a hotel located near Narita International Airport in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. The hotel is conveniently located just 10 minutes away from the airport by free shuttle bus.
- Amenities: The hotel features a wide range of amenities including restaurants, bars, a fitness center, a spa, and meeting rooms. The restaurants offer various cuisine options including Japanese, Chinese, and Western. The hotel also features a 24-hour convenience store and a gift shop.
- Cost: The cost of staying at Narita Tobu Hotel Airport varies depending on the room type and season. However, the average cost of a standard room ranges from 10,000 to 20,000 yen per night.
ANA Suite Lounge
The ANA Suite Lounge is a premium lounge available at Narita International Airport in Japan. The ANA Lounge is available for ANA and Star Alliance Gold members, as well as passengers traveling in premium cabins on ANA and Star Alliance airlines.
There are several ANA Suite Lounges located at Narita International Airport in Japan.
- Terminal 1, Satellite 4: located on the 4th floor near gate 46
- Terminal 1, Satellite 5: located on the 4th floor near gate 55
- Terminal 2: located on the 3rd floor near gate 61
Cost: Access to the lounge is typically reserved for ANA and Star Alliance first-class passengers or those with ANA Diamond Service status, but it may be available for purchase by other passengers at a cost of around 6,000 JPY (approximately $55 USD) per person.
Amenities: The ANA Suite Lounge offers luxurious amenities, including comfortable seating, private shower rooms, complimentary food and beverage service, and a business center with free Wi-Fi.
The Delta Sky Club Lounge
The Delta Sky Club is a premium lounge available at Narita International Airport in Japan for Delta and SkyTeam airline passengers.
Cost: Access to the lounge is typically reserved for Delta Sky Club members or those traveling in Delta One or international business class. Passengers can also purchase a day pass for around $59 USD or gain access through certain credit card memberships.
Amenities: The Delta Sky Club offers comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, complimentary food and beverages, a business center, and showers. Some locations also feature premium amenities such as a full-service bar, spa services, or outdoor terraces.
Q: Can I reserve a sleeping pod in advance at Narita International Airport?
A: Unfortunately, advance reservations for sleeping pods are not currently available at Narita International Airport. The pods are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Q: Are the sleeping pods at Narita International Airport suitable for tall people?
A: The sleeping pods at Narita International Airport are approximately 200 cm long and 100 cm wide, so they may be a bit tight for very tall people.
Q: Are the sleeping pods at Narita International Airport private?
A: Yes, the sleeping pods at Narita International Airport are private and secure, with a door that locks from the inside.