Japan Airlines (JAL) is one of the major flag carriers of Japan that was founded in 1951. It is the first international airport in Japan. At present, this airline reaches 54 countries with its extensive service. On average, the airport handles more than 20 million passengers. For better customer service, Japan airline has both free and paid inflight Wi-Fi packages.
Basic On Japan Airlines
|Name||Japan Airlines Co. Ltd|
|Parent company||Daiwa Securities Group, Kyocera|
|IATA code||Shinagawa, Tokyo|
|Main hub||JAPAN AIR|
|Focus city||Tokyo–Haneda, Tokyo–Narita|
|Inflight Wi-Fi||Fukuoka, Naha/Okinawa, Nagoya–Centrair, Sapporo–Chitose|
|Social Media||Facebook |
Japan Airlines Wi-Fi Service
Japan Airlines offer both free and paid Wi-Fi package. With regards to free Wi-Fi, it is only applicable to domestic flights. International flights and flights operated by HAC/J-Air/JAC/RAC flights do not provide free Wi-Fi. On the other hand, if you would like to purchase a Wi-Fi package, it will have the following options. For payment, you could use a credit card from JAL Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, JAL USA CARD or JAIL CARD.
|Small||Unlimited||One hour||USD 9.15|
|Medium||Unlimited||Three hours||USD 12.95|
|large||Unlimited||24 hours||USD 16.80|
How to connect to the Japan Airlines Wi-Fi Service?
You could get connected with the Japan Airlines Wi-Fi service by a smartphone, laptop or Tab. Please follow the following steps to get connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Before taking off, please turn on the airplane mode
- Enable Wi-Fi on your device
- Later on, you will see the Japan Airlines network that is” JAL-Wi-Fi”; please select the network
- Open your browser and in the box of URL write “jal-wifi.com”
- You will then see a page with a box where you must write down your mail address
- Below the box of the mail address, you need to click the “CONNECT” box
- That is all; you are there!
For more details, please visit: How to use inflight Wi-Fi service (Japanese language with picture)
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Japan Airlines offer free inflight Wi-Fi service?
Yes, they do. However, it is limited; they mostly offer the service for domestic services. For international flights, you must purchase a paid package.
Does Japan Airlines offer paid Wi-Fi?
Yes, they do. You could find three different packages which cost between USD 9.25 to USD 16.80
Can I stream Netflix by using Japan Airlines’ inflight Wi-Fi?
Yes, you can. You may experience a little bit of occasional buffering in this regard
What about video calls by using Japan Airlines’ inflight Wi-Fi?
Sorry for the bad news! You cannot make a video call by using the service.
What to do if I cannot get connected with the Japan Airlines inflight Wi-Fi?
It might happen! You just need to follow the steps:
-Browser>Internet options>Privacy mode>Off
More Related Articles:
- Emirates Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide
- Singapore Airlines Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide
- Bamboo Airlines Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide
- TUI Airways Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide
- Qatar Airways Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide
- Etihad Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide
- British Airways Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide
- Finnair Inflight WiFi and Internet Guide